THE ACTIVE OFFER OF FRENCH LANGUAGE HEALTH SERVICES: Why It Matters and How to Put It Into Practice (Modules 1-3)-ON-EN
Welcome to this online training on the active offer of French language health care services. This training was developed by the Réseau du mieux-être francophone du Nord de l’Ontario (Réseau).
- Training goals:
- Discuss the importance of the active offer of French language health services with individuals who work or study in the field of health care.
- Promote the important role individuals can play in ensuring ongoing improvement of the active offer of French language health services.
- Promote safe and quality person-centered care.
Terms and Conditions
You are about to begin the training Active Offer of French Language Health Services: Why It Matters and How to Put It Into Practice. At the end of each Module questions will test your comprehension of the content. You will then be asked if that content meets the stated learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter. You will also be asked to give your comments and suggestions for improving the training.
This training is 3 or 5 hours in duration:
- 3 hours – Introduction and modules 1 to 3 (for all)
- 5 hours – Introduction and modules 1 to 6 (for managers)
In order to receive a certificate of completion, you must complete the evaluations associated with the 3-hour or 5-hour training modules and achieve the passing score indicated on each evaluation. The last three modules are available as complementary modules that can be accessed individually in any order. If you complete all six modules, a certificate with credits for the 5-hour training will be awarded.
Both versions of the training are accredited with the Canadian College of Health Leaders.
This one-credit-per-hour Self-Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified by the Continuing Education and Professional Development Office at NOSM University for up to 5.0 Mainpro+ credit(s).
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and, approved by the Continuing Education and Professional Development Office at NOSM University . You may claim a maximum of 5.0 hour(s) (credits are automatically calculated).
Scientific Planning Committee (SPC) Disclosure
- This program has received financial support from Health Canada in the form of program development funding issued to The Réseau du mieux-être francophone du Nord de l’Ontario (Réseau).
- This program has received in-kind support in the form of committee member/author time from
- Société Santé en français (SSF)
- the Consortium national de formation en santé (CNFS) – Volet Université Laurentienne
- NOSM University
- the French Language Health Networks of Ontario and French Language Health Planning Entities of Ontario
SPC Member/Author Affiliations:
- Dr. Nicole Ranger, previous consultant and content reviewer
The following steps have been taken to mitigate bias:
- The SPC reviewing the conflict of interest forms and determined that no conflicts were present.
- Content was developed by members of the SPC who ensured the National Standard for Support of Accredited continuing professional development (CPD) Activities, and the The College of Family Physicians of Canada(CFPC) and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) ethical standards were adhered to.